Round 2 Recipe - Silver Dollar Corn Fritters
Sandra cleverly uses leftovers from both the Shrimp and Grits and Roasted Corn and Bean Salad recipes to turn her corn fritters into a hearty[ side dish or appetizer.]
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 12 cakes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup reserved grits from Shrimp and Grits
- 1 cup reserved bean mix from Roasted Corn and Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated jack cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ear of corn from Roasted Corn and Bean Salad, kernels cut off cob
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
In a large bowl, mash the grits with a potato masher. Add the bean mix, baking mix, cheese, eggs and corn, and stir until well blended and incorporated.
Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the batter by the heaping tablespoon full into the skillet. Cook until cooked through and golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining batter. Remove the fritters to a plate lined with a brown paper bag or paper towel to drain.
While the fritters are cooking, in a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fritters to a serving dish and serve with the sour cream mixture on the side.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2011