- 2 zucchini reserved from Zucchini Cakes recipe
- Mushroom stems reserved from Portobello Burgers recipe, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives with pimentos
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the zucchini lengthwise, scoop out the seeds from the center and put on a baking sheet.
In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients expect for 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Fill the centers of each zucchini half with the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the filling.
Bake until the cheese is melted and the filling is golden brown and toasted, about 15 to 20 minutes.