Round 2 Recipe: Tortilla Soup
- Reserved 6 cups chicken broth from chicken burrito recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reserved shredded chicken from chicken burrito recipe
- 1 (15-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- Reserved onion from chicken burrito recipe, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas, reserved from chicken burrito recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, quartered
In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine the broth with the chicken, onion, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste. Bring to a simmer.
While soup is heating, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Cut the tortillas into thin strips and fry them in batches until they are golden brown. Drain on paper towels or a paper bag and season with salt. When the soup is hot, taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve it in bowls topped with the tortilla strips, chopped cilantro, and lime wedges.
Serving Yield: 4
More Recipes and Ideas:
Tesuque Village Market Tortilla Soup Recipe, Online Round 2 Recipe - Grilled Chicken and Apple Wraps, Online Round 2 Recipe - Pork and Cornbread Bites, Teriyaki Recipes, Cornish Hen Recipes, Chicken Casserole Recipes, White Chicken Chili Recipes, Orange Chicken Recipes, Chicken Curry Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.