Rum Ricotta Cake
- 1 large store-bought angel food cake
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 box sugar-free peach flavored gelatin dessert
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen peaches, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) non-dairy whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons rum extract
- 5 slices peaches (from bag of frozen peaches), for garnish
Invert cake onto serving plate. Cut 1-inch off across the top of cake. Set aside. With a serrated knife, hollow out center of cake leaving a 1-inch border. In the meantime, warm the grape juice in the microwave for 1 minute. Pour over gelatin mix and combine with juice as you would water. Mix thoroughly and add in peaches and ricotta cheese. Chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. In a separate bowl, combine non-dairy topping with rum extract and whisk thoroughly. Fill the center of cake with peach ricotta gelatin mix. Return top of cake. Frost cake on top and sides with non-dairy topping and rum extract mixture, completely coating cake. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with peach slices.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.