- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 medium bananas, under-ripe, sliced diagonally 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark rum (recommended: Myers's)
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream (recommended: Haagen-Dazs)
- Oatmeal cookies, for serving
In a large frying pan melt butter over medium-high heat. When butter has melted, add bananas and saute 1 minute. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and rum. Stir to combine. Let simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Serve bananas over ice cream with cookie on the side.