Scallop and Mushroom Chowder
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1/2 pound bay scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine, preferably Chardonnay
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup (recommended: Campbell's)
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
In medium pot, over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Dredge scallops in flour. Shake off excess and saute in butter for 3 minutes, or until opaque and starting to color. Use a slotted spoon to remove scallops from pan and set aside.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in pan. Saute mushrooms and celery for 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008
Grilled Sea Scallops with Pasta Rags, Homemade Pesto, Current Tomatoes, Fresh Asparagus and Chantrelle Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray