- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (5 to 6-ounce) sea bass filets, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Put the sea bass filets in one layer, skin side up, into the baking dish. Drain the artichoke hearts, pouring the liquid over the fish. Let marinate while you make the pesto.
To make the pesto, put the artichoke hearts into the bowl of a food processor. Add the pesto and red pepper flakes and process until chunky. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and start processing again. Drizzle in 1 to 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, adding more as needed until you get the consistency that is thick but pourable. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Bake the sea bass until it is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the pesto each onto 4 plates. Place the fish onto the pesto and also top with a generous spoonful of the pesto.