Shangri-Lee Lobster with Crispy Spinach
- Curry Sauce:
- 2 (14-ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (3.5-ounce) box golden curry sauce mix
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (3-ounce) jar applesauce
- Crispy Spinach:
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- Lobster Tails and Rice:
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box lemon and herb-flavored rice
- 4 (6-ounce) uncooked lobster tails, shells removed
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Heat oil in heavy large pot or wok over medium-high heat until oil registers 350 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer. Working in batches, carefully add spinach to oil and cook until spinach is crisp and translucent, about 30 seconds. Be careful as oil may spit and splatter a bit due to the water content of the spinach. Using a skimmer or slotted spoon, transfer crispy spinach to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle spinach with salt. Set aside and keep warm.
Lobster Tails and Rice:
Prepare rice according to package instructions. Set aside and keep warm. Meanwhile, sprinkle lobster tails with seafood seasoning. Melt butter and oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add lobster tails. Cover and cook until lobsters are just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Spoon 1 cup of rice onto center of each of 4 dinner plates. Slice lobster tails crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick medallions. Fan lobster medallions atop rice. Place crispy spinach alongside. Drizzle curry sauce over and serve immediately.