Skillet Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 pound frozen unsweetened strawberries, quartered and thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Grand Mariner)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can southern-style biscuits (recommended: Pillsbury Grands)
- 2 tablespoons butter or cooking spray
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 sugar and the cinnamon. Remove biscuits from the can and separate. Roll each biscuit in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Coat a cast iron skillet with butter or cooking spray. Add strawberry-sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits over strawberries. Place skillet on grill. Cover grill and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from grill; cool slightly.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2007