- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar pre-peeled garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 jar mushroom marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup red wine (Merlot or Cabernet)
- 1 box spaghetti noodles
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter melts, add minced garlic and saute for approximately 20 seconds. Add mushrooms and pre-peeled garlic cloves and saute for approximately 3 minutes. Add ground beef and saute until brown. Add marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, and red wine. Stir to combine, cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook noodles in a pot of boiling, salted water until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and then toss the pasta with the sauce. Serve immediately.