Wild Teriyaki Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wing drumettes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) teriyaki marinade sauce (recommended: Kikkoman)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple (recommended: Dole)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup organic smooth peanut butter (recommended: Laura Scudder's)
- 1/4 cup limeade frozen from concentrate, defrosted
- 1 cup plain yogurt (recommended: Dannon)
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegi-Ranch Dipping Sauce:
- 1 container (8 ounces) chive cream cheese (recommended: Philadelphia)
- 1 cup sour cream
Peanut Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
Vegi-Ranch Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Wash and pat dry the chicken drumettes. Season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in large zip-top bag. Pour the teriyaki marinade and crushed pineapple into the bag. Zip the bag and mix the chicken around with your hands by squeezing the bag. Place the bag in the refrigerator and let sit for 1 hour.
When ready to cook the drumettes, line a baking sheet with tin foil. Remove the drumettes from the marinade bag and place them on the baking sheet, leaving some space between each piece. Throw away the marinade bag and wash hands with warm water and soap.
Using oven mitts place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the drumettes from the oven with baking mitts and, using tongs, place the drumettes on a serving plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with Peanut and Vegi-Ranch Dipping Sauces.Peanut Dipping Sauce:
In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, limeade, and yogurt. Mix it all together with a spoon or whisk. Stir in the chili-garlic sauce and season with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.Vegi-Ranch Dipping Sauce:
In a small bowl combine the cream cheese and sour cream. Mix it together with a spoon.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.