Excerpted from Sandra Lee's book, Semi-Homemade Money Saving Slow Cooking (Wiley)
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) diced tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (13.75-ounce) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 8 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound linguica sausage links, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
In a 5-quart slow cooker, stir together the carrots, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, onion, olives and garlic until combined. Sprinkle the turkey with salt and pepper to taste. Place the turkey and sausage on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, tomato paste, wine and oregano; pour over the turkey in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.