- 4 zucchini
- 1 cup Baking Mix, recipe follows
- 1/2 medium onion, diced small
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for serving
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- All-Purpose Baking Mix:
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
Grate 2 zucchini and reserve 2 whole for the Round 2 recipe "Stuffed Zucchini ". Put the grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze well to remove the excess water.
Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measure drop about 6 to 8 portions of the zucchini mixture into the skillet. Fry on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and drain on a paper lined sheet pan.
In a small bowl mix together the sour cream and parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the zucchini cakes on a serving platter and serve with the sour cream.All-Purpose Baking Mix:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.