- 1 (12-ounce) package edamame
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion salt and ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon each paprika and black pepper
Split the edamame pods and release the beans into a bowl. Discard the pods. Stir together the oil, basil, chile powder, onion salt, cumin, paprika and black pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle the mixture over the beans and toss to coat. Arrange the beans in a single layer in a shall baking dish. Roast, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring once, until the beans begin to brown. Serve hot as a vegetable side dish or cooled as a snack. Refrigerate any leftovers.