- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked cod, reserved from Day 1, skin removed
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices whole-wheat bread
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Chipotle Cream, recipe follows
- Sauteed Peppers and Onions, recipe follows
- Mixed Green Salad, recipe follows
Blend the mayonnaise, egg, and lime juice in a large mixing bowl. Flake the cod into small pieces and add to the bowl. Mix in the celery and salt.
Form the cod mixture into 8 patties. Gently place each patty in the bread crumbs and using a pancake spatula, turn to coat evenly. Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Place 4 fish cakes in the skillet and cook until the crumbs are golden brown, about 5 minutes per side; turn carefully. Repeat with the remaining fish cakes, adding more oil as necessary. Serve with the chipotle cream.
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 canned chipotle chili, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Sauteed Peppers and Onions:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, cut into thin slivers
- 1 1/2 red peppers, cut into thin slivers
- 1 1/2 green peppers, cut into thin slivers
- 1/2 onion, cut into thin slivers
- Chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the vegetables until tender.
Mixed Green Salad:
- 1 (10-ounce) bag store bought mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Dress the salad greens lightly with olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with coarse salt, to taste.