For the dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, halved (finely minced if whisking dressing by hand)
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen egg product
- 1 medium-size lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 (10-ounce) package hearts of romaine salad mix, washed and spun dry, or 9 to 10 cups broken romaine leaves
- 3 cups plain croutons
- 2 hard-cooked extra-large eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups Parmesan curls (measure loosely packed)
For the dressing, churn all ingredients in food processor or electric blender until smooth (or whisk in small bowl until creamy); set aside.
For the salad, place romaine, croutons, and eggs in very large salad bowl, add dressing, and toss well. Add cheese curls, toss lightly, and serve.