- 1 skinless (3 1/2-pound) chicken, cut into small pieces
- Olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bell peppers, 2 green and 2 red, cored, seeded and sliced
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- Water, as needed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Arrange the chicken in a 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Coat the chicken with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake the chicken until lightly browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and drain off some of the fat. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, and tomatoes (you may not need all of the tomatoes--adjust to taste), and mix to combine. Continue baking the chicken until well browned and tender. I usually turn the chicken during the baking time. Add more water if sauce is too thick. Skim top if necessary, but since you've skinned and drained the chicken already, you shouldn't have to skim much.