- 2 large or 4 small zucchini
- 4 (5-ounce) fillets fresh salmon
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 to 6 large fresh basil leaves
Boil or microwave the whole zucchini until just cooked through. Allow to cool enough to slice into thin strips. Set aside.
Remove the skin and bones from the salmon. Combine the pepper, mustard seeds, and oregano and press onto the salmon tops to coat. Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and cook the salmon for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking dish and keep warm in a very low oven.
Pour the red wine into the pan and cook until the wine reduces and thickens. Return the zucchini strips to a separate saucepan with a little water or stock and the basil and reheat. Serve the salmon over the zucchini and spoon over the red wine sauce.