- 1 pound monkfish, cut into 4 equal fillets
- 8 Napa cabbage leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (3/4 teaspoon ginger per fillet)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot (1 tablespoon per fillet)
- 4 teaspoons chopped chives (1/2 teaspoon per fillet)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
In a metal or bamboo steamer basket, steam monkfish for 2 minutes. Remove from steamer and halve. Place cabbage leaves in steamer basket and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
Lay cabbage leaves on a flat surface. Place 3/4 teaspoon ginger, 1 tablespoon carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon chives on each cabbage leaf, followed by 1/2 fillet of monkfish. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Roll, folding in sides to enclose monkfish. Steam for 4 to 5 more minutes or until fish is cooked through.
Calorie: 160 calorie per serving Fat: 8 gm per serving