- 1 box instant potato pancake mix
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 8 to 16 ounces smoked salmon, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Prepare potato pancake mix according to box instructions. Add parsley, salt and pepper, to taste. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a shallow non-stick pan. When oil is hot, spoon 1/2 potato mixture into pan and shape into large round pancake. Brown on both sides, making sure it gets crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to dry. When slightly cooled, spread sour cream on top, sprinkle red onion and lay the smoked salmon nicely on top. Garnish with dill and slice into 8 pieces (like a pizza).
Note: A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.