Sassy Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 container (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (12 count) Hawaiian rolls
- 8 ounces Black Forest deli ham, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces gruyere, grated
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, chives and thyme. Mix until well combined and set aside.
Cut all 12 rolls in half. Place the roll bottoms in a 9- by 13-inch pan. Place equal amounts of ham (about 3 slices) on each roll. Top with the gruyere. Spread a generous amount of the chive and cream cheese on the roll tops. Place the tops on top of each sandwich bottom.
Pour the butter mixture over the top of the sandwiches. Cover with foil and bake until the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes to toast the buns.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.