Sausage and Pepper Frittata
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 links hot Italian sausage, removed from the casing and crumbled
- 1 red bell pepper, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 12 eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Coat a nonstick 10-inch saute pan with olive oil. Add the sausage and brown. Add the peppers and saute until they are soft.
In a bowl, add the Parmigiano to the beaten eggs and season lightly with salt. Using a heat-proof rubber spatula, stir the eggs into the pan with the sausage and peppers. Stir the eggs to evenly distribute the sausage and peppers throughout the eggs. Once the eggs set on the bottom and around the sides of the pan, place the pan in the preheated oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Remove from the pan. Cut into wedges and serve hot or a room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell