Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Sponsor Recipe Courtesy of Johnsonville®
This phenomenal soup recipe gives your mouth an exquisite variety of textures and flavors. Cheese tortellini is added to a delicate beef[ consomme. A blend of veggies, herbs and spices only add to the mouth-watering appeal of this dish. Once you add the Johnsonville Smoked Sausage, this soup goes from heavenly to absolutely divine.]
- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville Three Cheese Sausage or Smoked Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 cans (10.5 ounces, each) beef consomme
- 1 -1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese
1. On a cutting board, cut sausage links lengthwise into fourths, and then dice; set aside.
2. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute onions, carrots and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add sausage, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes, consomme, water, parsley, basil and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
5. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add zucchini and tortellini; simmer 10 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.
7. Discard bay leaf.
8. Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.