Sausage and Vegetable Risotto
Sponsor Recipe Courtesy of Johnsonville®
Enjoy the delicious flavors of restaurant dining in the comforts of your home. Johnsonville brings you this stunning risotto dish that's[ bound to please the most demanding taste buds. The asparagus, mushrooms and peas add great textures to the creamy risotto. The Johnsonville Italian Sausage adds the flavor that makes this dish a winner.]
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 5 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 sprig (each) of basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2. Add oil, onion and mushrooms, continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until tender.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, simmer stock and fresh herbs until ready to use.
5. To meat mixture, add rice, continue to stir until rice is hot and coated with oil.
6. Add wine and continue to stir until the liquid is absorbed.
7. Remove herbs from stock.
8. Using a ladle, add about ½ cup of hot stock at a time to rice stirring constantly after each addition until liquid is absorbed.
9. When you have about 1½ cups of stock remaining, add asparagus and continue to stir.
10. With 1 cup of stock remaining, add peas, salt and pepper, stir gently.
11. The risotto is done when all the stock has been absorbed, the rice is creamy in appearance and firm yet tender to the bite, (about 20-25 minutes total).
12. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
13. Spoon into bowls and serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.