Sausage Diavolo Pizza
- 1 package Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 refrigerated dough Pizza Crust, rolled out thin
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp. Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- 5 cloves Fresh Garlic, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Long, Sweet Red Pepper, cut into rings
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes (14 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups Dry White Wine
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano, dried
- 3 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Sargento® Classic 6 Cheese Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup Sargento® Artisan Blends Shredded Parmesan
- Other Fresh Herbs such as Basil (optional)
Position oven rack to center and preheat to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a pizza pan and roll out crust, thin.
In a large skillet, heat oil and saute sausage and red pepper flakes until browned. Remove from heat, drain fat, cool slightly and chop.
Add garlic and onion to skillet and cook about five minutes until onion is soft.
Add cherry tomatoes, canned tomatoes, wine and oregano. Season with salt
and pepper to taste. Let simmer about 20 minutes, stirring when necessary, until
cherry tomatoes are soft and sauce thickens. Add parsley and sausage back into
skillet. Remove from heat. Top pizza crust with sausage mixture, grated cheeses and red pepper slices. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs, cut and enjoy!
*Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160 degrees F
Thank you! your flag was submitted.