- 1 package Johnsonville® Ground Hot Italian Sausage or Links, casings removed
- 2 Personal Size Pre-Made Pizza Crusts (or 1, 12" crust)
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Sargento® Classic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 cup Spinach (frozen chopped, thawed and well drained)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, sliced (optional)
- Sea Salt & Pepper
Position oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
In a large skillet, saute sausage, mushrooms and garlic until the meat is browned.
Drain off fat and remove excess with paper towels.
To skillet, add pizza sauce, oregano, basil, spinach, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook, stirring frequently, until hot.
Place pizza crust on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
Spread meat mixture evenly over pizza crust.
Top with cheese. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh cut basil or other fresh herbs, cut and enjoy!
*Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160 degrees F