- 1 (12-ounce) package sweet Chinese sausage
- 2 medium red onions, wide around the middle
- 5 pickling cucumbers or Kirbies, with skins
- Inner leaves from 1 bunch celery, washed and roughly chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 4 to 6 serrano chiles, stems removed and thinly sliced, diagonally
- 1 tablespoon chopped kaffir lime leaves, or 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons pureed garlic
- 1/4 cup palm sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
Preheat broiler. Place sausages in one layer on a large baking sheet and broil until charred on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
To make onion cups, slice off root ends and tops, then peel. Cut each in half horizontally, and separate layers by pressing with your thumbs against root end to release rings. Reserve 12 largest as serving cups. Slice remaining onion into thin strips for use in salad.
Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise. Then slice cucumbers and charred sausages, diagonally.
Combine sausage, cucumbers, onion strips, celery leaves, and cilantro in a medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk together serrano chiles, lime leaves, garlic, palm or brown sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
To serve, place onion cups openside up on each serving plate. Spoon salad into cups and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Scallop Salad with Strawberries, Cucumber and Gorgonzola in Citrus-Dijon Vinaigrette, Spinach Salad with Andouille Dressing and Three Nut Crusted Goat Cheese, Frisee Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette, Leg of Lamb Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Steak Salad Recipes, Easy Lunch, Easy Casserole, Fruit Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.