Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Sponsor recipe courtesy of Johnsonville®
This Johnsonville recipe is a must for mushroom fans! The taste of Johnsonville Italian Sausage pairs well with cream cheese, Parmesan cheese[, lemon and garlic to create a dish that's bound to please! These stuffed mushrooms are perfect for an appetizer when you're entertaining family and friends.]
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville Ground Italian Sausage
- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain.
2. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms.
3. Arrange mushroom caps on foil-lined baking sheets.
4. In a bowl, combine cooked sausage, bread crumbs, cream cheese, garlic, parsley and lemon juice. Stir until blended.
5. Carefully spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 14-16 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
7. Serve hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.