Sausage with Apple Salsa
- 2 (8 ounce) packages chicken and turkey sausage, grilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package Italian sweet sausage, grilled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 sweet apples (Golden Delicious), peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced (1 teaspoon dried)
Stir sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and red pepper flakes together in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Add half of the chopped apples, cover pan and reduce heat; cook gently until apples are very soft. Mash them with a potato masher until practically smooth. Stir in oregano and remaining chopped apples. Refrigerate. Serve chilled with grilled sausage.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.