Saute Salmon with Kona Coffee, Sundried Tomato, and Avocado Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Pinch salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 cup strong brewed peaberry roast
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 4 tablespoons Avocado Butter, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomato, packed in oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly sliced avocado and salmon roe, for garnish, optional
- Avocado Butter:
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil. Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
For the sauce: In saucepan, add the shallots and coffee and reduce down to 1/4. Add cream and reduce until it thickens. Strain the sauce, and add the amaretto, avocado butter, and tomato. Whisk until fully incorporated. Season to taste.
To serve: Sauce the plate, and lay the salmon in the center of the plate. You may garnish this dish with 3 to 4 pieces of thin fan sliced avocado and salmon roe.Avocado Butter:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.