Sauteed Apples with Currants and Cognac
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large Granny Smith Apples, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/4 cup pecans, preferably toasted
- Whipped sweetened cream or vanilla ice cream
Melt butter in a nonstick skillet. Add apples and sprinkle with sugar. Saute, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until apples begin to get tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add currants and saute for another couple of minutes to heat them through and continue to cook the apples. Remove the skillet from the heat, stir in the rum and swirl the apples around until it is absorbed. If you wish, top with chopped nuts, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe Courtesy of Michelle Urvater