Sauteed Scallops with Cucumber and Kiwi
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Bonito stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 large scallops
- Sichimi (Japanese red pepper blend)
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/8 cup Tosazu, recipe above
Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Heat but do not bring to a boil. For variation, feel free to add orange juice, lemon or lime juice.
Before cooking, place scallops in salted ice water to renew; pat dry. Season with Sichimi and saute. Place scallops on a plate with the kiwi, cucumbers and the sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Aspen Culinary Cooking School, Colorado