Sauteed Shrimps with Tomatoes and Pernod
- 6 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tablespoons Pernod
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 pound Chinese snow peas, julienned
- 1 bunch chervil, stems trimmed, chopped, for garnish
Season shrimps with salt and pepper. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over high heat. Saute shrimps until pink-orange, about 1 minute per side. With a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a platter, leaving butter in pan. Add reserved tomato sauce and julienned snow peas. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by about one-third. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.