Sauteed Soft-Shelled Crabs with Ginger Carrot Broth and Baby Bok Choy
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock
- 2 cups Wondra flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups milk
- 8 soft shell crabs, cleaned
- 1 lemon, halved
- 10 bunches baby bok choy, washed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil for sauteeing
In a sauce pan add carrots, ginger and chicken stock and cook for 45 minutes or until carrots are very soft. Puree mixture in a blender and strain through a fine strainer and reserve. Mix together flour, cornmeal and old bay seasoning and set aside. Dredge soft shells in milk and then in the flour mixture. Heat a saute pan with oil until the pan is smoking and saute the crabs until golden brown on each side. Splash with a squeeze of lemon juice and drain on a paper towel. Saute baby bok choy in a hot pan with the garlic and butter until wilted. Serve the soft shells on a bed of the bok choy and spoon the puree sauce around.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.