Sauteed Spinach with Gold Raisins and Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden raisins (or currants), plumped in water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 dashes sherry vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 5 cups packed baby spinach
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and heat. Add the shallots and garlic and saute until softened. Add the raisins and cook until warm, about 1 minute. Add the pine nuts, increase the heat, and add the sherry vinegar. Stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits that cling to the bottom of the pan. Add the butter and melt, then add the spinach and stir or toss with tongs until wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger