Sauteed Walleye With Citrus Butter
- 4 servings
- 4 6 -oz. pieces walleye, skinned and cut in half
- 1 cup milk
- salt to taste
- Black Walnut Batter Mix, for dusting (recipe follows)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- citrus Butter (recipe follows)
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped for garnish
- Black Walnut Batter Mix:
- 1/2 -cup cracker meal
- 1/2 -cup Fry Krisp batter mix
- 1/2 -cup black walnuts, finely chopped
- Citrus Butter:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 -cup butter, melted
- 1/3 -cup orange juice
- 1/4 -cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. orange zest
WALLEYE: Rinse walleye and soak in milk for 1 hour. Season fish with salt and dust in Black Walnut Batter Mix. Heat oil in large saute pan. Place fish in pan and cook until golden, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve with warm Citrus Butter and parsley garnish.
BLACK WALNUT BATTER: Mix all ingredients together.
CITRUS BUTTER: Place garlic and butter in blender and process until well blended. Transfer to bowl. Whisk in remaining ingredients.