Savory Spaghetti Bundt
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti as the label directs, then drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, cook the lamb in a large pot over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a spoon. Add the onion, allspice, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the broth, tomatoes, raisins and garlic and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the sauce to the bowl with the spaghetti and stir in the cheese.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lay a half sheet of phyllo dough in a 10-inch Bundt pan and brush with melted butter. Continue layering all but 4 half sheets of phyllo in the pan, overlapping them and brushing each with melted butter. Gently add the spaghetti mixture and fold any overhanging phyllo over the pasta. Cover with the remaining 4 half sheets of phyllo and brush them with butter.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.