Scallop Burger Sliders with a Cilantro-Lime Mayo
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds fresh sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 mini burger buns or small soft dinner rolls
- Cilantro Mayo, recipe follows
- Cilantro-Lime Mayo:
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small skillet saute onion in butter over medium heat until translucent. Cool.
Place scallops in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped or chop by hand. Transfer to large bowl and add remaining ingredients, except vegetable oil. Add in the cooled onions.
Cook's Note: Mixture should not be too loose. If necessary, add a bit more flour or another egg.
Shape the mixture into small burgers, approximately 2 inches in diameter. Place on a waxed paper lined sheet tray, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add scallop sliders and cook until browned and cooked through. Place on small soft dinner rolls and top with a bit of Cilantro Mayo. Serve warm or at room temperature.Cilantro-Lime Mayo:
Blend all ingredients in food processor except mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Process until cilantro is fine. Add mayonnaise and process just until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
Cook's Note: This sauce is good with any seafood or fish, especially salmon.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.