Scallop Mango Brochettes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus some for grilling
- 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, Jamaican style
- 1/2 pound dry sea scallops
- 1 ripe mango
- 4 medium size wood skewers, soaked in water
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onions and paprika cook until caramelized. Add tomato and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sauce cool. Puree in a blender until smooth. Add hot sauce and set aside. Clean sea scallops by removing the small muscle attached. Peel the ripe mango and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place one piece of mango and one scallop on skewer. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat ingredients with oil and grill until scallop is medium rare. Garnish with sauce and fresh cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.