Scallop Salad with Haricots Verts and Truffle Oil
- 3 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small heads Belgian endive, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 6 dry scallops (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons instant flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 6 ounces haricots verts or other slender green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths, blanched
- 4 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
In a medium bowl, toss to combine the endive and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip scallops in seasoned instant flour. Add to skillet and cook 3 minutes; turn over and cook until almost opaque in center, about 2 minutes or longer.
Place 3 scallops around border of each plate. Using half of haricots verts for each plate, place 3 small bundles of haricots verts between scallops. Mound half of endive mixture in center of each plate. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over haricots verts and scallops. Drizzle 2 teaspoons truffle oil on each salad. Sprinkle salads with chives.
Wine Suggestion: Veuve Cliquot Champagne
More Recipes and Ideas:
Scallop Salad with Strawberries, Cucumber and Gorgonzola in Citrus-Dijon Vinaigrette, Pan Seared Day Boat Scallops over Sprout Salad with Cranberry Horseradish Dipping Sauce, Roasted Beet and Grapefruit Salad, Lobster Roll Recipes, Spicy Shrimp Recipes, Shrimp Scampi Recipes, Seafood Soup Recipes, Crawfish Recipes, Crab Cake Recipes