Scallop Salad with Haricots Verts and Truffle Oil
- 3 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small heads Belgian endive, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 6 dry scallops (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons instant flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 6 ounces haricots verts or other slender green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths, blanched
- 4 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
In a medium bowl, toss to combine the endive and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip scallops in seasoned instant flour. Add to skillet and cook 3 minutes; turn over and cook until almost opaque in center, about 2 minutes or longer.
Place 3 scallops around border of each plate. Using half of haricots verts for each plate, place 3 small bundles of haricots verts between scallops. Mound half of endive mixture in center of each plate. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over haricots verts and scallops. Drizzle 2 teaspoons truffle oil on each salad. Sprinkle salads with chives.
Wine Suggestion: Veuve Cliquot Champagne