- Clarified butter
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, bruised
- 1 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, divided
- Tomatoes, about 1 cup, peeled, cut in 1/8's
- 1 pound scallops
- All-purpose flour
- White peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Melt a tablespoon clarified butter in a pan and add the bruised garlic clove. Allow it to sweat and add the spring onions, tossing well. Reduce the pan heat and remove the garlic. Add the green pepper. Add in the mushrooms and stir gently to coat with the butter. Add half of the lemon juice and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Dry scallops well, season and lightly dust with flour. In a separate pan, place enough clarified butter to coat, add the scallops and shallow fry for 4 minutes, tossing them over several times. Add the remaining lemon juice and chopped parsley. Place the vegetables around the serving dish and spoon the scallops into the center. Serve with steamed rice, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.