SCHMIDT'S CHERRY CHEESE TART FILLING
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand suggested)
- 4 ounces lemon juice, fresh preferred
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 (4 inch) pre-baked tart shells
- 1 (17-ounce) can cherry pie filling
Using a small mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth. Refrigerate filling overnight. Using a 4-ounce ice cream scoop, fill each pre-baked tart shell with the chilled cream cheese filling. Place cherry pie filling on top, approximately 5 cherries per tart.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Courtesy of Geoff Schmidt