SCHMIDT'S CHERRY CHEESE TART FILLING
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand suggested)
- 4 ounces lemon juice, fresh preferred
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 (4 inch) pre-baked tart shells
- 1 (17-ounce) can cherry pie filling
Using a small mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth. Refrigerate filling overnight. Using a 4-ounce ice cream scoop, fill each pre-baked tart shell with the chilled cream cheese filling. Place cherry pie filling on top, approximately 5 cherries per tart.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.