Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus
- 3/4 pound thin asparagus, rinsed, woody ends removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted imported or organic butter
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream (preferably organic)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Place the asparagus in the basket of a vegetable steamer and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water and drain. Pat dry. Cut each spear in half on a diagonal and cut the bottom of the spears into small dice.
Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a large skillet. Add the eggs and whisk in a figure eight, making sure the edges of the eggs don?t stick. When the eggs are almost set, slowly pour in the cream, a little at a time, continuing to whisk briskly.
Sprinkle in the chives and whisk until the eggs are completely set. Divide the eggs and asparagus evenly among four plates, placing the spears and diced asparagus around the eggs or stack the spears so they lean against the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.