Sea Bass with Cranberry Pineapple Pepper Relish
- 2 cups fresh or frozen chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup finely diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 small serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted habanero pepper paste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1/4 cup peach Schnapps
- 4 (6-ounce) sea bass fillets
- 1/2 cup teriyaki
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
To prepare the relish, wash, rinse, and remove bad cranberries. Place in a sauce pot and simmer for approximately 15 minutes and allow to cool. Chop cranberries into small dice. Add all of the remaining ingredients and set aside.
Using a saute pan, heat the olive oil and sear the sea bass in the hot pan until golden on both sides.
To serve, place on plate and top with the cranberry compote.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Eddie Palamino, American Airlines Training Center, Dallas, Texas
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay