Sea Scallops with Guacamole
- 1 -ounce olive oil
- 6 diver or jumbo sea scallops (10 to 20 count per pound), side muscle pulled off
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pieces white toast
- 1 California avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed clove garlic
- 1/2 -ounce finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Splash hot red pepper sauce
Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan, over moderate-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Using a fork, coarsely mash avocado with lime and garlic. Stir in onion, cilantro and hot red pepper sauce to blend. Season with salt, to taste. Cut crust off toasted bread and cut into 4 triangles. Spoon 1 tablespoon of guacamole on top of each toast triangle. Place scallop on top of guacamole.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.