- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound skinless, boneless firm-fleshed fish fillet (like farmed tilapia, mahi mahi, or black cod, cut into 4 pieces (the thicker the better)
- 1/2 pound large tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound large sea scallops
- 3 medium plum tomatoes (about 15 ounces), diced
- 1 pound mussels (about 20), scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1 dozen cherrystone clams
- 4 snow crab claws (or split legs cut into 3-inch pieces), optional
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
In a large pan that's at least 2 inches deep, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and fish and cook for 1 minute. Add the shrimp and scallops and cook, stirring occasionally and flipping the fish once, about 2 minutes more.
Add the tomato, mussels, clams, and crab and pour the white wine over everything. Add the salt and pepper and sprinkle with the basil. Cover and cook until the clams and mussels start to open, about 4 minutes. (Discard any that don't open.)
Remove from heat and divide the seafood and broth among 4 large shallow soup or pasta bowls. Garnish with basil sprigs and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.