Seafood Spring Rolls 'Sticks' with a Citrus Dipping Sauce
- 2 cups master seafood mixture (see seafood Shumai recipe)
- 1 package lumpia wrappers
- 1 egg with 2 ounces of water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup thin soy sauce
- 1/8 cup mint leaves, chiffonade
- Master Seafood Mixture:
- 1 pound rock shrimp, diced
- 1 pound Chilean sea bass, diced
- 1 pound bay scallops, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and white pepper
Lay out a lumpia wrapper with corner facing you. Place a small mound of the seafood mixture at the bottom, moisten edges with egg wash, and roll bottom corner towards the middle. Roll very long and thin spring roll 'sticks.' Fold in both sides and continue rolling. Finish roll and let rest. Deep fry at 350 degrees F until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Mix together citrus juices, soy sauce and mint.
Slice spring rolls in half on the bias and place on a lined plate with mint sprigs. Serve with small bowl of dipping sauce.
Wine Suggestion: Goldwater Dog Point Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 1998Master Seafood Mixture:
In a food processor, add shrimp, bass, scallops, egg, ginger, and sesame oil. Pulse only a little bit to bring ingredients together. Transfer to a large bowl and fold in scallions and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.