Seared Ahi Tuna with Asian Slaw
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled ginger
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Wonton Strips:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 square wonton sheets, cut into 1/8-inch wide strips
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pound sashimi-grade ahi tuna
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
In a small saucepan heat the canola oil to 325 degrees F and carefully fry the wonton strips for 3 to 4 seconds, until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the strips to a paper towel to drain. Set aside.For the dressing: For the Tuna:
Coat the tuna with the oil and season with the salt and pepper. On a plate scatter the sesame seeds and press the tuna into the seeds on both sides, gently shaking off the excess.
Heat a large grill or saute pan over high heat and sear the tuna for 3 minutes on each side. Remove the fish from the pan and let rest for several minutes before slicing. The tuna will be medium-rare.
Toss the vegetables with half of the dressing and mix well. Add half of the wonton strips and gently combine. Mound the slaw onto a platter or indivisual plates. Place the sliced tuna on top of the salad and drizzle the remaining dressing on top. Garnish with the remaining wonton strips.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Seared Tuna with Lemon-Wasabi Dressing and Hot Mustard Wonton Chips, Herb-Seared Tuna with Caponata and Warm Lemon Creme Fraiche, Seared Tuna with Napa Cabbage and Carrot Salad with Fried Wontons, Easy Lunch, Easy Casserole, Easy Barbecuing, Fish Recipes, Cabbage Soup Recipes, Baked Salmon Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.