Seared Coriander and Fenugreek Crusted Tuna with Onion Chutney and Pita Crisps
- Center cut, sushi quality tuna, (you'll need about 3 pounds to yield some choice pieces)
- 3 tablespoons each coriander and fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepper corns
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 green chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 package pita bread
- Oil for frying
Cut tuna into strips 1-inch high by 1-inch wide. Chill tuna in the fridge to air dry a bit.
Meanwhile make the garnishes. For the chutney: in a food processor combine onion, cilantro, ginger, chili peppers, lemon juice and season with salt and fresh pepper. Blend til well combined. Cut pita bread into triangles and fry in hot oil. Drain on paper towel.
Heat a skillet til very hot. Roll tuna in the spice mix. Add a little oil to the pan. Sear the tuna on all 4 sides. Slice thin and serve with pita triangles and chutney. Sprinkle with more chopped cilantro.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Rossi
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse