Seared Salmon with Artichoke Salsa
- 2 (6-ounce) jars marinated artichokes
- 2 cups chopped vine ripe tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
To make the salsa, combine all of the ingredients together, mix well, and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Swirl in the olive oil, and place salmon in hot pan, skin side down, and sear skin until crispy, approximately 2 minutes. Salmon should turn pinkish white 1/4-inch around the edge. Place the salmon in oven for approximately 5 minutes to finish cooking.
To serve, place in the center of plate, and top with artichoke salsa.
Recipe courtesy Michael Fennely, Mecca
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller